Bringing our community together
Who We Are
Temajo UK community
Temajo people are one of the numerous clans that make up the Acholi ethnic group of with origins in Northern Uganda.
Temajo UK represents members of the the Temajo community living in the UK.
Aims and objectives
1. To relieve poverty and distress, preserve and protect good health and advance the education of its members and those proximate to the organisation goals.
2. The provisions of facilities for recreational and leisure activities with a view to advancing the welfare of its members, friends of the organisation and those with similar need.
3. To promote the general welfare of orphans, disadvantaged children and young people who have needs of such services.
4. To promote the general welfare of vulnerable adults by the provision of advice and information and sponsorship.
5. In furtherance of the said objects not otherwise the Charity may exercise the following to: –
(i) Draw, make, accept, endorse, discount, execute, and issue promissory notes, bills, and other instruments, and to operate a bank account in the name of the Charity;
(ii) Employ and pay any person or persons to supervise, organise and carry on the work of the Company and to make all reasonable and necessary provision for the payment of pensions and superannuation to or on behalf of employees and their widows and dependants;
(iii) Undertake, execute, manage or assist any charitable organisation which may lawfully be undertaken, executed, managed or assisted by the Charity;
(iv) Collect and disseminate information on all matters affecting the said objects and exchange such information with other bodies having similar objects whether in the country or abroad;
(v) Subject to such consent as may be required by law borrow or raise money for the said objects and accept gifts on such terms and on such security that shall be deemed to be necessary;
(vi) Raise funds, invite and receive contributions from any person(s) whatsoever by way of subscriptions and otherwise provided that the Company shall not undertake permanent trading activities in raising funds for the said objects;
(vii) Invest the moneys of the Charity not immediately required for the said objects in or upon such investments, securities or property as may be thought fit, subject nevertheless to such conditions as may for the time being be imposed of required by law;
(viii) Perform all such lawful things as are necessary for the said objects.